“ఇప్పటికిప్పుడు రాష్ట్రాన్ని విభజించవలసిన అవసరం ఏమొచ్చింది?” అంటూ ఇంకా కొందరు సీమాంధ్రులు ప్రశ్నించడం … ’ఆంధ్రప్రదేశ్’ రాష్ట్రాన్ని విభజించడం తెలుగువారిని అవమానించడమే అంటూ వాపోవడం … చూస్తుంటే – “వీళ్ళంతా గత పదమూడేళ్ళుగా తెలంగాణ ఉద్యమం జరుగుతున్నప్పుడు, వెయ్యికి పైగా యువకులు తెలంగాణ కోసం ఆత్మబలిదానం చేసినప్పుడు, అసలు ఈ లోకంలోనే ఉన్నారా? లేక ఎన్ని ఉద్యమాలు చేసినా ’ఏం పీక్కుంటారులే!’ అని తెలంగాణ ప్రజల పట్ల చులకన భావంతో ఉన్నారా?” అన్న సందేహం కలుగక మానదు.
వారికి సమాధానంగా – నా పాత పోస్టులలో నుండి, గతంలో ‘శ్రీకృష్ణ కమీషన్’ కు నేనందించిన నివేదికలలో రెండు ఈ క్రింద పునఃప్రచురిస్తున్నాను. ఆ పోస్టులకు అనుబంధంగా నేను ప్రచురించిన మరొక పోస్టును కూడ ఇక్కడ ప్రచురిస్తున్నాను.
కొంతమంది కే.సి.ఆర్. “తెలంగాణలో ఉన్న సీమాంధ్ర ఉద్యోగులు సీమాంధ్రకు వెళ్ళవలసిఉంటుంది” అని రెచ్చగొట్టడం వల్లే సీమాంధ్రలో ఇంత ఉద్యమం వచ్చిందని సన్నాయి నొక్కులు నొక్కుతున్నారు. కే.సి.ఆర్. ఏ సీమాంధ్ర ఉద్యోగుల గురించి ఈ వ్యాఖ్య చేసారో, ఎందుకు ఆ ఉద్యోగులకు ఆప్షన్స్ ఉండవో – ఈ పోస్టులను క్షుణ్ణంగా చదివితే అర్థమవుతుంది.
– డా. ఆచార్య ఫణీంద్ర
‘శ్రీకృష్ణ కమీషన్’ కు నేనందించిన నివేదిక – 1
Justice Srikrishna Committee
Sub : REASONS FOR DEMAND OF FORMATION OF TELANGANA STATE
I, being a responsible citizen of India and a poet in Telugu, put forth the following facts and details in front of your committee in connection with the issue of Telangana.
REASONS FOR DEMAND OF FORMATION OF TELANGANA STATE
A. Exploitation in employment sector :
1.The state of Andhra Pradesh was formed by merging two separate regions from two separate states called ‘ Hyderabad ‘ and ‘ Andhra ‘ in 1956 , on conditional basis in the form of ‘ Gentleman’s Agreement ‘. This was supposed to protect the people of Telangana region ( which was in erst wile Hyderabad state ), with justified safe guards. All the points in the agreement were started to be violated by rulers and people of Andhra region ( ie., coastal Andhra and Rayala seema, put together, which was erstwhile Andhra state; hereafter wherever I mention ‘ Andhra region’, pl. take the same meaning.), immediately after formation of the state of Andhra Pradesh. This lead to dissatisfaction among the people of Telangana region, and also lead to ‘ Separate Telangana Movement ‘ just within a decade of formation of the new state. This movement which touched its peak in 1969, was forcefully crushed by then Government by killing around 400 young agitators, most of whom were students. Though the Movement was suppressed, Telangana people continue to be disheartened for breaching the Gentlemen’s Agreement and the aspiration for separate state continued to be burning in their hearts.
2. The major point in Gentleman’s Agreement was ‘ Mulki ‘. According to this a 12 years continuous stay by a person in the region, only makes him to be considered as native of the region and only such person is eligible for admission into Govt. educational institutions and for Govt. jobs in the region. This was originally 15 years in the kingdom of Nizam ( then a separate country, till 17 september 1948 on which it was merged in Indian Union ). Nizam nawab introduced ‘ Mulki rules ‘ , as a result of a local – non local movement by people of the region, in the early part of 20th century, as a safe guard to their fundamental right. After merging in India, the region was made ‘ Hyderabad state ‘ and Mulki rules were continued by Govt of India in the state as a part of safe guards to the people of the state. This was a special provision for the state, similar to the provisions given by Govt. of India to the state of Jammu & Kashmir which also joined in Indian Union after 15th august 1947. People of Telangana region were deprived of the safe guards by violation Mulki rules by people of Andhra region with the support of then rulers. During Telangana movement in 1969, Mulki rules were challenged by a lawyer of Andhra region. The case went up to Supreme court and Mulki rules were upheld by the court in 1972. It is pity that then Union Government abolished Mulki rules by amendment of Constitution of India, against the Supreme court orders and the will of people Telangana to suppress a counter ‘ Separate Andhra Movement ‘ in Andhra region. People of Telangana were deeply disheartened by this, as it lifted off one of the major safe guards of then youth and the youth of future generations of Telangana region.
3. Telangana people were then little bit consoled by introduction of ‘ Six point formula ‘, with Presidential order to safe guard their interests of employment to some extent, though the criterion of local stay is reduced from 12 years to a meager 4 years. But, again this was also violated by the people of Andhra region with the support of political leaders and officials belonging to their own region. Here I want to explain my personal experience. In 1980, I passed my ‘ diploma in mechanical engineering ‘ and I was residing in Secunderabad, which was a part of Hyderabad dist. Hyderabad dist. was consisting of only a limited urban area till recent times ( ie., before formation of Greater Hyderabad by Dr. Rajashekhara Reddy’s Govt. ) and all suburban areas were in Ranga Reddy dist. in which lot of public and private industries were established. Keeping this in view, I went to Ranga Reddy dist. Employment exchange for registering my name. I was denied registration, saying that, my residence does not fall under Ranga Reddy dist. area. Where as, a person who came to Hyderabad the previous day for the first time from Andhra region spoke something and gave Rs. 200/ – as bribe to the concerned clerk, who also belongs to Andhra region originally. That clerk took out a blank residential certificate ( which was already signed and stamped by the competitive authority ), filled his name in it and registered his name for employment. Though Hyderabad and as a matter of fact Ranga Reddy dist. being heart of Telangana region, I ( a hardcore Telangana person ) was deprived of my right, where as a person from Andhra region got the benefit, violating ‘ Six point formula ‘. At that tender age, I like any Telangana person, was too innocent to fight against the clark and too poor to afford to pay Rs. 200 / – for bribing. This is just an example to show how ‘ Six point formula ‘ was violated. Now it may be verified by the honorable committee, in all Govt. offices and industries belonging to both central and state Govts., only 10% jobs are filled with Telangana people, where as, as per population, 42% of jobs should be filled with Telangana people, to get their justified share. It may also be noted that industrialists/ businessmen belonging to Andhra region, who established industries in Hyderabad and claim that they developed ‘ Greater Hyderabad ‘, employ 99% of their employees from Andhra region in their industries and offices of business ( ie., in private sector ).
4. As far as the state Govt. jobs are concerned, this injustice was realized within a decade of introduction of ‘Six point formula’, and was brought to the notice of then Chief Minister, Dr. N.T.Rama Rao, by the regional employees associations. The Chief Minister was kind to issue a G.O. No. 610 , in the year 1984. As per this, super numorary posts should be created in offices of Andhra region to transfer the employees, who got employed and deployed in Telangana region illegally violating ‘Six point formula’; and the vacancies created would be filled with people of Telangana. But ministers, political leaders and senior administrative officers hailing from Andhra region had seen and succeeded in not implementing the G.O., till today, only because the employees hailing from Andhra region were not willing to leave Hyderabad. It is a record in Indian democracy that a G.O. issued by a state Govt., is not implemented for more than 26 years.
5. In 2001 a newly formed sub regional party named ” Telangana Rashtra Samiti ” ( TRS ) took up the issue and put pressure on Govt. to implement the G.O. No. 610. Under the pressure, then CM sri N.Chandra babu naidu appointed Girglani commission. The commission report said that around 2,50,000 employees of Andhra region are employed illegally in Telangana region, violating six point formula. But the CM Mr. Naidu who hailed from Andhra region didn’t show any interest to implement the commission report . In 2004 general election, the congress party joined hands with TRS party, with a promise to initiate the process for formation of Telangana, and defeated Mr. Naidu’s Telugu Desham party. Dr. Rajashekhar reddy took over as CM from him and didn’t keep up the promise of Telangana. He even didn’t show his sincerity to implement G.O.No. 610 / Girglani commission. So far none of the 2,50,000 employees were transferred to Andhra by creating super nuemerary posts, to vacate from existing posts and no Telangana person could get employment. Dr.Reddy played a game by not considering Girglani commission’s report and again started the process by asking the employees who are originally hailed from Andhra region and working in Telangana, to give the details of their nativity. All most all those employees didn’t come out with the details. Under the pressure of TRS party, Dr.Reddy threatened the employees that no salary will be released, if those details are not given. Then around 45000 employees came out themselves that they belong to Andhra region. Dr. didn’t show his sincerity to transfer them at least. He finally appointed a house committee under the chairmanship of sri Uttam kumar reddy, which did nothing positive before getting wound up during 2009 general elections. Meanwhile the Congress party appointed “Pranab committee” and again after 5 years,” Roshaiah committee ” to study the possibility of formation of Telangana state, but those committees are proved to be for eye wash. Thus all agreements, safe guards formulae, commissions/ committees reports were violated and put in dust for last 54 years, due to which Telangana people reached a stage that they can not believe any committee, other than passing a bill in parliament for formation of Telangana state.
6. Thus most of the job opportunities, especially of group A, B and C cadres ( ie. except group D cadre ), are grabbed by Andhra region people, who don’t even cooperate officially, in giving correct details of injustice done to Telangana, whenever any committee operates on the issue. I expect same thing will happen with your committee also. Hence I request you to counter check any data or details collected by your committee from A.P. state government officials and do justice to Telangana.
7. This report what I am submitting is only regarding ‘A. Exploitation in employment sector ‘. But there are many other reasons also in other sectors like …
B. Exploitation in Water resources by not taking up projects like Ichchampally, Shriramsagar 2nd, 3rd & 4th stages etc., which were planned by Nizam kingdom itself, several decades back.
C. Unauthorized occupation and grabbing of Telangana lands including lands aquired by Acharya Vinoba bhave from then jameendars to distribute among poor people (as a process of ‘Bhoodan yagna’ ); lands of muslim WAKF board; lands of Gurukul trust and other famous trusts lands by Andhra capitalists.
D. Injustice done to Telangana students in education field by not allocating funds for schools and colleges in Telanagana districts as per proper proportion, not establishing Universities and professional educational institutions in the region as per proper proportion and establishing most of the institutions ( which should be allocated to Telangana districts ) in Hyderabad only to benefit the children of settlers of Andhra region.
E. Diversion of most of the funds and revenue in budget to Andhra region beyond their eligible proportions, deceiving Telangana people for last 54 years.
F. Insulting, humiliating and planning to eradicate Telangana slang (of the language of Telugu); Telangana culture including their festivals, customs & traditions; Telangana literature; history of Telangana dynasties, kingdoms, freedom fighters, leaders and poets etc., by Andhra scholars, as a process of ‘Andhrization’.
G. Neglecting the poverty of Telangana districts, in particular Mahaboobnagar where everyday hundreds of people leave for other districts, states & gulf countries in search of livelihood; and Nalgonda where thousands of people lead horrible life due to ‘ florosys ‘ desease. ( Remember this is not because of lack of natural resources and maximum catchment area of river Krishna in the state of A.P. lies in these two districts.
If I go on writing like this, it will be like Ramayana & Mahabharata of Telangana region. By seeing and knowing this never ending sufferings for several years, Telangana youth, students, employees, lawyers and journalists are very much frustrated. And now any wrong signal of going back from formation of Telangana state , is leading them to commit suicides. Almost 400 youngsters of Telangana region died by setting themselves ablazed fire, by hanging themselves and taking poison for the cause of Telangana. Telangana people have taken this issue to their hearts as a freedom struggle and any negative result will create havoc in the state. Hence it is my humble request to your committee sir, to kindly understand the feelings and sufferings of Telangana people and recommend for formation of Telangana state as early as possible.
( Dr. Acharya Phaneendra )